A person’s first psychic reading is always met with mixed emotions like fear, anxiety and doubt. A lot of people get nervous because they do not know what to expect. This is natural because we all have that fear of the unknown. Unfortunately, strong feelings and emotions can cloud your energy and can alter the way the psychic does his or her reading. If you are interested in getting a psychic reading, it helps to prepare yourself by knowing what to expect to help you get the best of your first session.
What Happens During My First Reading?
Your reading is pretty much like a one-on-one meeting or a quiet conversation with a friend or a counselor. You will meet in a quiet and meditative space while your reader looks at your energy and answer questions and issues that you present.
Dealing With Doubt
The first psychic reading is often met with skepticism, so this is the session is usually for overcoming those doubts and determining if the medium is legitimate and genuine.
Thus, a psychic’s job during your first session is to do a good reading and provide you with evidence that he or she is not duping you. A good psychic will spend a lot of time with you to at first to give you unmitigated evidence that they have the gift. Your reader probably won’t be predicting your future or telling you that you will meet the love of your life within the next six months, but will definitely seem like a stranger who is telling you details about your life as if he or she has known you since you were little.
What Else To Expect From Your Psychic Reader?
Aside from providing you with evidential material, the psychic should provide you with useful and practical information about your situation. He may also provide you with tips on how you can use these situations for your own personal growth. A psychic cannot tell you what exactly will happen in the future, but can tell you what may happen if people around you continue to behave the way they do now.
When a psychic is telling you about the future, he is not talking about fate or destiny which can no longer be changed. The information that he or she would provide you are probabilities taken at the time of the reading.
Great psychic readings will provide you with a better insight into yourself and a better understanding of other people close to you. You will also find out what aspects of your life you urgently need to focus on and learn about. You wil also receive guidance which will help you find new ways to think and live so that you can accomplish more and live your live with fulfillment and satisfaction.
What Not To Expect From Your Reader
While your reader will give you insights to many things, here are some things that you should not expect from your psychic reading:
- Legal or medical advice – There are lawyers and medical doctors for this purposes, so leave the medical and legal advice out of your psychic reading. What you can ask, though, is if your lawyer or doctor is the best one for you or if you should be seeking a second opinion from someone else.
- Decisions – It is not your psychic’s job to make decisions for you. Her task is to help you see who you are and where you stand, so that you can make better and more intelligent decisions.
- Casting spells and curses – Psychics are not the same as practicing witches. Most of the time, psychics who offer spells or curses are frauds who are out to get your money.
- Information about others – Don’t ask for information about others, especially if this information is none of your businesses. Real psychics practice ethical standards akin to medical professionals, so they should not divulge any information
Rule of thumb: Don’t ask your psychic to do anything unethical or illegal. If you do happen to ask and if he refuses, don’t insist.
Some Things To Remember
- Readings Are Not Set On Stone – You have the power to alter the outcome of your reading. Remember that nothing is set in stone and the future is always yours to shape according to what you desire. If you do not like your reading, it is always up to you to change the way things go in your life.
- Let Your Psychic Work His Or Her Own Way – Psychics are also human beings, which mean that they are all unique and have their own way of reading. No two mediums are alike, just as no two Tarot card readers are as well. No method is better or worse than another, as they will all depend on the psychic who uses them. If you are not sure about how a particular psychic works or what method they use, simply talk to them and ask them before making your appointment.
- Come Prepared – Know what you want to find out before coming. You want to come to the appointment with questions on hand already so that you can ask the psychic right away. Your psychic will answer all or some of your questions, depending on how many you have and how much time there is for your appointment. Come to the reading with a normal state of mind – do not come intoxicated or drugged or on prescription unless you are required to take them.
- Be Honest – If your psychic says something that is true, do not deny it. If you feel that something he or she says is inaccurate, feel free to disagree with him or her. It’s better to politely disagree if you believe he If you do not understand what he is talking about, speak up. It is possible for psychics to misinterpret your energy and for you to misinterpret what he is saying. Do not leave the session wondering about the reading, so make it a point to always ask.
When the reading is over, take some quiet time and keep the reading to yourself. If you tape it, listen to it at least once or twice to see if you have missed or misunderstood something. Once you are already clear about your reading, start using it to help yourself grow. This experience is a truly rewarding one that provides plenty of insight and guidance as you go along in life.